:: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory se…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: wirelessduck
A: rick
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Implementing directory services/Kerberos
On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 at 15:45, Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting H??ctor Gonz??lez (cacho@???):
>
> > There is also nslcd, which I remember using with samba-ad, as nscd
> > didn´t like that ldap for some reason, and it has a different
> > config file /etc/nslcd.conf
> >
> > I´d use nscd first, and if you run into trouble try nslcd.
>
> Again, back when I implemented this stuff using CentOS 6.x, you needed
> both for some daft reason.

Yes, I went with libnss-ldapd and it pulled in libpam-ldapd, nslcd,
and nscd, so it would appear that both are required. nslcd seems to
provide the configuration file /etc/nslcd.conf that is used by both
libnss-ldapd and libpam-ldapd while nscd seems to be doing the caching
side of things.

--Tom