:: Re: [DNG] systemd in sane-backends
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Olaf Meeuwissen
Dátum:
Címzett: aitor
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] systemd in sane-backends
Hi aitor,

I've seen you've already gone ahead and dropped the systemd build
dependency. As SANE Project janitor, I just wanted to chime in to
clear up some misconceptions.

aitor writes:

> Hi all,
>
> libsystemd-dev is present in the packaging of sane-backends in both
> jessie and ascii. As far as i know, the systemd utility in sane is
> useful only in the case of network printers. Am i wrong?

SANE has absolutely nothing to offer for printers. It is for scanners
and some other raster image acquistion devices only.

The build dependency on libsystemd-dev is used to integrate logging in
the saned daemon with systemd's logging. The integration is strictly
optional. Logging to syslog will be used as an alternative.

> dh-systemd and libsystemd-dev can be removed from debian/control replacing:
>
> dh $@ --parallel --with autotools_dev, systemd
>
> by
>
> dh $@ --parallel --with autotools_dev
>
> in debian/rules.

If ./configure cannot find the necessary systemd API, the integration is
automatically disabled. Not installing libsystemd-dev is a good way to
achieve this.

Hope this helps,