著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Devuan on a Purism
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:53:03PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 14:01:03 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
> <20181030180103.7xwhnvyqbs6zntgg@???>:
>
> > I use Devuan on a Purism laptop. Purism's OS is based on Debian, and
> > has become contaminated with systemd.
>
> ..they blindly accepted it?

Don't know how blind they were. I suspect they had started as a Debian
derivative and didn't have the resources to jump ship. Though I suspect
merging their changes into devuan would have been feasible...

Now they're working on a Purism phone. They do seem to intend it to work
with a variety of GNU/Linux systems. They're currently hoping to get some
developers to adapt their free software to Purism's mobile hardware.

-- hendrik

> > So, naturally, I replaced it with Devuan.
>
> ..any response on that from puri.sm?
>
> > It works very well, except for a problem with the touchpad.
> >
> > I can move the mouse pointer around by stroking the touch pad and I
> > can do the usual left-click by pressing on the touchpad. I can do
> > two-finger scrolling as well.
> >
> > On Purism's OS though I couls get a right-click by pushing down with
> > two fingers, and a centre-click by pushing down with three fingers.
> > This does not work on Devuan. To get these clicks I have resorted to
> > a separate physical USB mouse.
> >
> > Is there any way to get this right- and centre-click emulation working
> > on Devuan? Perhaps some missing driver or configuration?
>

> ..does this recipe work?:
> https://www.evilcodingmonkey.com/2014/01/23/ubuntu-activate-multi-touch-on-elantech/
>
> ..found it here:
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Elantech+Multitouch+Trackpad&ia=web
>
> ..https://duckduckgo.com/?q=PureOS+%22Elantech+Multitouch+Trackpad%22&ia=images
> finds: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1166442

I'll look into this in a few days when I have time again.