:: Re: [DNG] How to get CERES
Top Pagina
Auteur: Olaf Meeuwissen
Aan: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] How to get CERES
Hi Steve,

Steve Litt writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I need a detailed, accurate and unambiguous set of instructions on how
> to get Ceres. Such a thing must exist by now: The project has been
> taking on new developers for three years now.
>
> I've been trying for over a day now to get Ceres, and can find no
> reference to it, and no place to download or git clone it.

Ceres is the unstable branch and changes on a daily basis. There is no
installer for it (that I know of). If you want to create a Ceres VM,
start with an Ascii one and

sed -i 's/ascii/ceres/' /etc/apt/source.list
apt update
apt upgrade

as root, of course. Depending on Ceres' stability, the upgrade may or
may not go without much trouble.

Alternatively, you can use debootstrap to build a Ceres chroot or run a
Docker container with one of my Docker Devuan images for Ceres

docker pull registry.gitlab.com/paddy-hack/devuan:ceres

This image is basically the result of running debootstrap for ceres.

Hope this helps,