:: Re: [DNG] [SOLVED] Devuan on Raspbe…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] [SOLVED] Devuan on RaspberryPi W Zero segfaults
On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 13:46:02 +0200, Dr. wrote in message
<201810271346.02978.dr.klepp@???>:

> Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018 schrieb Gregory Nowak:
> > [...]
> > The bottom line for you is that since the rpi0 doesn't have a built
> > in bluetooth adapter, the serial port in devuan will be on
> > /dev/ttyAMA0. That means you need to specify that as the serial port
> > in cmdline.txt, and spin up agetty on that port in /etc/inittab.
> >
> > Greg
>
> This actually pointed in the right diection. Here is how to get
> DEVUAN + UART + WIFI wirking on the RPiW0:
>
> First thing to notice is that brcmfmac43430-sdio is not initialized
> correctly on the RPiW0. This reults in "agatty /dev/ttyAMA0" to fail.
> To correctly initialize brcmfmac43430-sdio two files are needed:
> "brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt" and "brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin". The first is
> missing in the devuan image.
>
> I copied both files from raspbian over to devuan, together with
> "wpa_supplicat.conf". Then changed interfaces (deactivate eth0,
> activate wlan0), rebooted. Now I can ssh into devuan on RPiW0 *hurray*
>
> Here's a working /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:
>
>     ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
>     ap_scan=1
>     network={
>         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
>         ssid="GIVEMYNAME"
>         psk=HEREKOMESTHEPASSWORD"
>     }

> Now this is half way to a working solution: I still need a serial
> console. "enable_uart=1" in "config.txt" works on raspbian, why not
> on devuan? (2 blinks, then darkness). I thought a firmare upgrade
> would solve this: I copied "raspi-config" from raspbian (it requires
> binutils to be installed) and ran the update. This bumps kernel from
> 4.14.44 to 4.14.78 (not much, bit it also solves the
> "shutdown-reboot-loop" for RPi3+, too) and updates the bootloader and
> firmware.

..keep in mind Raspian Jessie onwards are doing things the systemd way.
Look for advice on Raspian Wheezy to find useful stuff.

..do you have a working serial console on GPIO pins?

> Next step: get the UART working. As it turn out, "enable_uart=1"
> reliably breaks booting - don't know why that works in raspbian. The
> link UART->BT is broken by loading the "pi3-disable-bt" on the rpiw0.
> So adding "dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt" to "config.txt" eables UART.
>
> Now I have a working RPiW0 with UART + WIFI. USB-OTG with serial is
> the next thing: Add "dtoverlay=dwc2" to "config.txt" and
> "modules-load=dwc2,g_serial" to "cmdline.txt". Reboot and surprise:
> No serial over USB. Kernelmodule dwc2 is loaded, gserial is not. On
> raspbian bith modules are loaded. Loding by hand actually works and
> gives serial over USB.
>
> Now only 2 questions remain:
> - Why does "modules-load=dwc2,g_serial" not load g_serial?
> - "cmdline.txt" on raspbian says "dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0", on devuan
> "dwc_otg.fiq_fix_enable=2". What does this mean?
>
> Nik

..one _big_mess_: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dwc_otg&ia=web
https://ideechaniz.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/dwc-otg-drivers/

..appearantly you are supposed to be able to do "enable_uart=1"-like
things in systemd with iwc_otg, _Play_Around_ and tell us what you
_discover_.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: