:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on RaspberryPi W Z…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan on RaspberryPi W Zero segfaults
Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018 schrieb Gregory Nowak:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 07:27:14PM +0200, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Some additional information:
> > - booting with devuan rpi1 image gives no serial console, but rpi boots (to an unknown state)
> > - adding "enable_uart=1" in config.txt and booting does not work, rpi activity led goes dark after ~ 1 sec.
> > - copying kernel+firmware+bootcode+kernelmoduels from raspbian to devuan and adding "enable_uart=1" works, kernel log is spit to uart. Userspace does not work, I cannot get a login console.
> >
> > Oh, I have no matching hdmi cable, so I don't know what happens on tty1.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I only have a rpi2 and rpi3 here. Having said that, when the rpi3 came
> out, raspbian made changes so that they could provide the same sd
> image for all rpi models. That means that the serial console in
> raspbian will always be on /dev/serial0, no matter which model of the
> rpi is being used. What complicates things more is that if the serial
> port is missing, systemd will happily ignore it, but agetty will keep
> exiting, causing sysvinit to keep respawning it over, and over again.
>
> Devuan bug reports:
> https://bugs.devuan.org/db/87/87.html
> https://bugs.devuan.org/db/88/88.html
> https://bugs.devuan.org/db/89/89.html
>
> I see that bug 89 was closed, even though 87 and 88 which are
> prerequisites for bug 89 weren't closed. I've been meaning to look into
> the status of this and other bugs, but lack of another sd card, and
> time has so far prevented me from doing so. I've since gotten a second
> sd card, but time is still very much lacking here for now.
>
> The bottom line for you is that since the rpi0 doesn't have a built in
> bluetooth adapter, the serial port in devuan will be on
> /dev/ttyAMA0. That means you need to specify that as the serial port
> in cmdline.txt, and spin up agetty on that port in /etc/inittab.

This is where things get complicated:
- rpi0 has no BT nor WFi (this nice device is practically unavailable)
- rpiw0 has BT and WiFi (this is what I can buy here)
I cannot figure out which device is the correct serial to talk to, 'cause the devuan image - while it boots out of the box and generates ssh host keys - does not execute /etc/rc.local nor does it create any logfile, especially no /var/log/dmesg.

My plan for today is this: modify package database so that all packages installed are "armel" instead of "armhf". Let's see how that will go ...

Nik