:: Re: [DNG] Speak now, or forever hol…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Speak now, or forever hold your peace
Le 25/10/2018 à 05:37, chillfan@??? a écrit :
> I like the idea of logs being in /var/log by default.
>
> But it would be great if this was modular so that we could disable this default behaviour, or even do without a logger package installed. So perhaps a switch to change this default behaviour, so that the logger is just a recommended package.

    Logger does not write to /var/log. It passes the messages to the
syslog server rsyslog. The default config of rsyslog is to dispatch the
messages into various files in /var/log. But you can relatively easily
make it do pretty much anythng you want with these messages. Just need
to read the documentation.

        Didier