:: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently pr…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Command to permanently prevent sysvinit from starting daemon
Le 21/10/2018 à 23:18, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:07:36 +0200, Didier wrote in message
> <826ba68a-6289-d047-7e74-d970996d28c4@???>:
>
>> Le 21/10/2018 à 19:01, Didier Kryn a écrit :
>>>     I'm not an expert, but it seems to me the answer is in inittab;
>>> the following line invokes the daemon which launches all the
>>> scripts:
>>>
>>> si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
>>
>>     Well, there is also the following lines:
>>
>> l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
>> l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
>> l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
>> l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
>> l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
>> l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
>> l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6
> ..how many "runlevels" _can_ we add here? Can we name them freely?

   Debian/Devuan don't use all these runlevels but it doesn't harm to
have them in inittab. Here are the runlevels' definition:

0 (halt the system)
1 (single-user / minimal mode),
2 (multiuser modes), debian uses only runlevel 2 by default
6 (reboot the system).

  The practical translation of runlevels is that not all services are
running in all runlevels, and starting/stopping services when changing
runlevel is managed by rc. I don't know if runit can manage that.

   AFAIR Busybox's init reads the same format of inittab but ignores
runlevels; but I don't remember how it manages halt/reboot.