:: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Steve Litt
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:34:35 +0100
Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> > What I said was that if you like sysvinit, use it, but for gosh
> > sakes don't take the time and energy to modify it or update it or
> > give it systemd features.
>
> +1
> Old does not equal broken. Perhaps the reason sysvinit hasn't seen
> much maintenance for a while is that it just hasn't needed it - if it
> ain't broke, don't fix it !

Yes. Fetchmail hasn't changed in centuries, but I use it about 480
times a day to do the vital task of grabbing all my email from remote
pop and imap servers. Every day it acts exactly the same way, and if
something goes wrong I can pretty much rule out fetchmail from the
start.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz