:: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 07:50:48 +0200
"J. Fahrner" <jf@???> wrote:

> Am 2018-10-21 03:41, schrieb Jimmy Johnson:
> > Pottering only selling point was the systemd is faster, my testings
> > on many systems says that's a lie. I'm not saying it can't be
> > faster, while using systemd if I push and hold the on/off switch my
> > computer shuts down fast.
> >
> > If I understand you, you're trying to dump sysvinit because it's
> > old, well it's not nearly as old as me and I can still kick butt
> > and I see nothing wrong using sysv script, as a user it's working
> > for me, simple config I can read and edit. What's wrong with
> > that?
>
> +1

I already dumped sysvinit 3 years ago because runit is better for my
needs.

What I said was that if you like sysvinit, use it, but for gosh sakes
don't take the time and energy to modify it or update it or give it
systemd features.

By the way, you can use runit on top of sysvinit, which is dead bang
easy. As a matter of fact, it might be an improvement on pure runit
because you can run run-once processes from /etc/init.d/rc5.d, and run
supervised, restarting processes with runit.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz