:: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Debian Buste…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruce Ferrell
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

On 10/17/18 8:24 AM, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> On 17-10-18 15:14, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>> Why doesn't Devuan edit sysvinit to use systemd's unit files instead
>> of scripts? That would bypass the entire problem. Those who want to
>> stick to scripts can always direct sysvinit to use scripts instead. An
>> edit/patch would aim to make sysvinit recognise unit files and run
>> scripts when instructed to.
>>
>> Before I get a barrage of smart-ass replies like 'You do not
>> understand', yes, I know, it is EASIER SAID than DONE. Everything
>> technical is like that, unfortunately.
> This has been discussed before on this list. My proposal was to replace
> libsystemd0 with a devuan specific version (see Re: [DNG] Provides:
> libsystemd0 (was Re: systemd and ssh-server)) with a modular api system.
> Which also could be extended to a version that uses the systemd unit file.
>
> But it is not simple and i do not have the programmer skills to build it
> my self.
>
> Grtz
>
> Nick

Actually, it's NOT that difficult...

On one distro I've seen, the sysv init scripts sources a system shell
function file.

One of those functions would test for the presence of elements of
systemd.  If found, use systemd and it's unit files.  Else use "normal"
init mechanisms.

I used to patch the init scripts to make systemd "vanish" for certain
things... Then the distro devs pulled that ability from that system
shell function file.

"They" REALLY want to force the use of systemd.

I REALLY don't want to use systemd.  I've seen too many problems since
it's introduction.

Now that I've completed my sermon to the choir...  Shall I speak on the
patch to Apache they felt necessary that broke serving wordpress?