:: Re: [DNG] dig vs nslookup: was Weir…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] dig vs nslookup: was Weird network issue - slow to resolve IPs
Quoting wirelessduck@??? (wirelessduck@???):

> Since looking at Unbound and NSD, I’ve been trying out drill as an alternative developed by the same NLnet people.
>
> https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns/about/
>
> Install via the ldnsutils package.

'drill' is the very newest such tool, having advantages over the others
concerning DNSSEC in particular. It's also claimed to be super-fast on
account of relying on the ldns library. But the main point is DNSSEC
support.

I was trying to remember the name of the thing during the upthread
discussion, and couldn't quite remember it. All I could remember that
it was some variation on the concept of digging. Which, in a way,
underlines one of the real-world reasons we-generic tend to stick with
tools: familiarity. ;->

(I resisted the migration from nslookup to dig for a while, two decades
ago, because my fingers' muscle-memory and my mind's habits knew all
about how to use nslookup. It was annoying to start over with 'dig'.)