:: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
Página Principal
Autor: Chris Dos
Para: devuan developers internal list
Assunto: Re: [devuan-dev] ZFS Packages
On 10/15/18 8:28 AM, Chris Dos wrote:
> On 10/15/18 5:48 AM, Chris Dos wrote:
>> I just reached out to Zhou Mo who is a new maintainer and uploader for the
>> Debian ZFS packages to see if we can get the sysvinit and Devuan compatibility
>> patches applied. Hopefully I'll hear from him today.
>>
>> If Devuan can avoid forking the packages it would be best. I'm giving it one
>> last go.
>
> I got a response back from Zhou Mo and they will be adding it to the 0.8.x series.
> https://salsa.debian.org/lumin/Roadmap/commit/0222691d9b9c08df6cf03e9186238136446942ad
>
> I've asked if I can post his full response to the list and I'm awaiting his
> reply back.

I got a couple of responses from Zhou Mo and he okay'd me to relay his responses:

First response:
Hi Chris,

I hate systemd and I'd love to help. Aron is too busy to test these scripts,
and actually he is a fan of systemd.

Currently I am doing a project whose deadline is near. It will take some
time for me to find enough time to review and test these patches. I can
do that after updating the ZFS package for the 0.8.x release, and if
I encountered problem I will get back to you then.

Thanks for your care to Debian packages.

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/lumin/Roadmap/commit/0222691d9b9c08df6cf03e9186238136446942ad
    I won't forget this.

Second response regarding me asking about backports:
I myself is an Debian unstable user and most of my machines including
servers are running sid. So I'm afraid that I cannot pay much attention
on backporting.

So it looks like we will still need to provide packages for backports. I have
working packages for both Jessie, Ascii, and Ceres (working on Beowulf as we
speak). Let me know if I should upload the packages and the source. Though,
all that is really necessary is to apply the two patches to the Debian source
and compile the packages.

    Chris