:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oc…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Plasma
Dátum:
Címzett: devuan-dev
Tárgy: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 03, 2018
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev Meet Notes from
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018.

plasma41 (formerly NewGnuGuy)

# Devuan meet Oct. 03, 2018 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/YOhhp55Fwuf41ApbA2Y9-g/jkyaV29RJ2-YMpJzgGOmx+Rh/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, blinkdog, fsmithred, CenturionDan, evilham, jaromil,
plasma41, RickMoen, duncan

## Old Business
d1conf pad:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/lSWG6jS9TqtJdk3iUoHzsA/Fmgq2gMR+OCUA8aEQ1TY59iG/

## Old Actions
Conference venue has been secured for April 5-7

## New Business
- Discussion: Are we a "derivative" and should we participate in
Debian's offer?
- KDEvuan Linux: an independent derivative.
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=12139#p12139
- New mirror and server upgrades at University of Munich Biology Dept.

### golinux
- For jaromil: Can you please respond to this?
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=12135#p12135

### plasma41
- The Debian derivates census email received by Devuan appears to have
used this template:
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#Invitation_to
- Having all this info,
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusTemplate,
in a database easily comparable with other Debian derivs would be nice
- The http://deriv.debian.net/patches/ database is a valuable resource
for comparing the different patches derivates make compared to Debian.
I would like to be able to reference Devuan's patches from here as
well as comparing with other derivates. Best of all, Devuan would not
have to enter all our patches manually, Debian would do all the work
of comparing our repos to there's. Make Debian work for us :-D.

## New Actions

Firefox/Chromium alternatives??