:: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] Devuan: invi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Evilham
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] [Fwd] Devuan: invitation to join the Debian derivatives census
Am 01/10/2018 um 8:54 schrieb KatolaZ:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 10:20:14AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
>>
>> dear devs,
>>
>> we receive this from a Debian volunteer
>>
>> do we want to enter the census as a 'derivative'?
>>
>> I disagree with this, since I think we are not, but ask you here nevertheless
>>

> I would disagree with participating to the program. It looks to me
> just as Debian being willing to show her muscles in the "big distros"
> arena, saying "BTW, even if Debian is not the first distro by number
> of users, we have lots and lots of derivatives...".
>
> I don't see the point, TBH.

I totally agree with this. It's not worth the effort, I've been signed
up to the devuan-derivatives ML for ages and besides recently a there
being a bunch of invites to a bunch of distributions (this invitation is
*not* devuan-specific but appears to be mostly automated / templated)
nothing interesting happening.

We can always change our mind down the line while keeping an eye on the
thing.
--
Evilham