:: Re: [DNG] Devuan security-tracker u…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Devuan security-tracker update
On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 03:56:23PM +0100, leloft wrote:
> Hi,
> I am still working towards a Devuanized security-tracker but I have come
> up against a problem which is blocking further development.  One section
> of the process involves nested loops to update the database with current
> packages in the devuan repos.  However, some of the
> architectures do not exist in all of the repos, some repos do not
> contain contrib and/or non-free sections, sources, sub releases etc;
> there are also intermittant 404 errors for some repos and a frequent
> ceres/contrib 403 error.  All of these events break the loops,
> resulting in a failed update process.  For the purposes of getting the
> process to the next stage, I have truncated the range of the variables
> in each loop, but before the security-tracker could be of any use, the
> full range of possible package combinations would need to be restored.
> I can crash through some of the broken loops with make -k and get some
> kind of output log, although it runs to hundreds of lines and is too
> long to post here. Based on the Debian security-tracker, a full update
> would look for valid URLs for each of the following permutations
> Ceres     m/c/n-f (3)
>         archs  (13)
>             total            39
> Beowulf    m/c/n-f (3)
>         archs (10)
>         b/b-s/b-u (3)
>             total         90
> Ascii    m/c/n-f (3)
>         archs (11)
>         a/a-s/a-b/a-u/a-p-u (5)
>             total            165
> Jessie    m/c/n-f (3)
>         archs (4)
>         j/j-s/j-b/j-u/j-p-u (5)
>             total            60
> where m=main, c=contrib, n-f=non-free, and *,*-s,*-u,*-b,*-p-u are the
> main, -security, -updates, -backports, and -proposed-updates
> repositories respectively.  That's a current overhead of
> 354 URLs plus sources. Presumably, there will soon be added a
> b-b and then a whole new family for chimaera within a year or two.

Hi leloft,

just a quick one: if you use pkgmaster.devuan.org, only the existing
archs will be advertised. It makes little sense to add empty files for
all the archs that Devuan does not support. Would it not make more
sense to change the script in order to just retrieve what is
advertised in the corresponding Release/InRelease file? If there are
errors there, we can definitely fix them, but adding a wealth of empty
suites is not "the right thing", IMHO.

My2Cents

KatolaZ