:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Se…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Plasma
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Sep. 26, 2018
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev Meet Notes from
Wednesday, September 26th, 2018.

plasma41 (formerly NewGnuGuy)

# Devuan meet Sept. 26, 2018 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/IfkUuOPeupB0G-ZOrE3kgQ/D60cx+lgz+bLcaI6Gd-gzBWA/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please pre-pend your
     name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, fsmithred, ~~NewGnuGuy~~ plasma41, rrq, parazyd,
jaromil, blinkdog, CenturionDan (late)

## Old Business

- d1conf pad:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/lSWG6jS9TqtJdk3iUoHzsA/Fmgq2gMR+OCUA8aEQ1TY59iG/

## Old Actions

- Has the d1conf venue been secured?
- solicited another request -jrml

## New Business

### golinux
- Need volunteer to post meet notes
- https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=12045#p12045
"I will be present at Linuxday (linuxday.at) in Dornbirn, Austria and
present Devuan there. If anybody wants to join I would be very happy
to have help." Plentyn
- Devuan hacking @ Hack4Glarus (2018-11-30..2018-12-02)
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20180926.111709.6c326107.en.html
- New subscribers on DNG temporarily moderated. You can guess why.

### fsmithred
- New website refracta.org under construction.

### ~~NewGnuGuy~~ plasma41
I am retiring my 'NewGnuGuy' handle. I chose it when I was still new to
this whole GNU & Free Software community. I am firmly entrenched at this
point. I thought of NewGnuGuy as an amusing bit of alliteration, but
multiple people have stumbled over trying to say it. It doesn't roll off
the tongue. Instead I will adopt plasma41 as my new handle.

- (blinkdog) Saw a link that I thought you'd like:
http://www.jaruzel.com/gopher/mapping-gopherspace

- (parazyd) We (Bitreich) also run an initiative:
gopher://bitreich.org

### parazyd
- Saturday KatolaZ deployed the new amprolla for Devuan Jessie as well.
packages.do also runs the new amprolla

- Been working on some more devuan-sdk integration
  - We can now convert Dockerfiles into blendfiles
    - (blinkdog) This blend? https://blends.debian.org/blends/
    - (parazyd) The blend concept of devuan-sdk, like this:
      - https://github.com/headslive/build-system/blob/master/heads.blend
      - https://github.com/maemo-leste/image-builder/blob/master/leste.blend
      -
https://git.devuan.org/sdk/live-sdk/blob/master/blends/devuan-live/devuan-live.blend
  - Also working on an implementation for the web, where people could
    upload (Docker)files and get a Devuan image of it an hour or so
    later
  - The website would allow for a point-and-click customization of base
    Devuan, where you could get your own image with the packages and
    other customizations you might need.
- We regenerated devuan-dev@ and dng@ lists on lurker. The links to
  previous emails might have changed for certain emails that disappeared
  before and exist now. Previous existing emails should be fine.

### jaromil
- as parazyd said, archives are restored, yay
- SDK toaster will be cool, showing off the features
will roll out first a test on dyne and if we like switch to devuan

### blinkdog
- Can anybody remove my old e-mail address from the mailing lists?
  - I think my requests bounce when they try to reach the old address
    - Mailing lists: dng, devuan-dev, devuan-mirrors
      DONE!
    - (blinkdog) Thank you! :-)

### centuriondan
- last week some issues with old amprolla (a python package)
work with katolaz to debug that and switched on amprolla3 also for old
jessie
- working on pbuilder/jenkins-debian-glue so we can unify all our build
hosts and work on the same level
- in contact with kfreebsd crowd to bring it back to devuan!
- in touch with TALOS II
- planning withing 2 weeks approx to have builders up for big-endian
platform

## New Actions

- post hack4glarus on twitter -jrml
- post venue reservation confirmation. :D