:: Re: [DNG] Better late than never
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
Aan: DNG
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Better late than never
On 19/09/18 at 20:34, aitor_czr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> El 19/09/18 a las 20:08, J. Fahrner escribió:
>>
>> Am 2018-09-19 14:18, schrieb aitor_czr:
>>
>>> From my point of view a suspend/resume should automatically connect
>>> to a known network when it wakes up, just as a reboot does. Antony.
>>>

>>> This will be easy to do; automatically connect to an available
>>> installed wifi after suspend/reboot.
>>> The only thing i'd not like to do is to scan the active wifis at
>>> every x seconds throughout all the
>>> user's session.
>>
>> Reconnect to the last connected wifi would be perfect! No new
>> scanning needed.
>>
>> Jochen
>>

> Try to connect to a concrete wifi without the conviction about its
> existence? Mmm..., sorry but it makes little sense...

  There's nothing bad in failing.  Clients do retry their last good TCP
connections when they wake up, only to find out the routing and local IP
address are no longer valid or available because the laptop moved
physically away from the old network. Like they are let fail their
connections gracefully, so reconnecting to the last known good WiFi AP
can be allowed to fail: if it's lucky, it's going to reconnect to the
last AP really fast, otherwise it's going to have to rescan the waves in
search of some known AP.

  Unless there are security concerns in doing this, I would like my
laptop to behave like this.

Alessandro

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>