:: Re: [DNG] Wicd and rtl8152
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Wicd and rtl8152
Le 18/09/2018 à 17:46, Jackman a écrit :
> Good morning!
>
> I am trying to use a laptop (Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1) with Dell's
> K17A USB-C docking station. It appears that the docking station uses
> an RTL8153 chip for Ethernet, and it seems to initialize just fine.
> Wicd doesn't seem to recognize it, however. Furthermore, I can't find
> a node in /dev that appears to align with this device. Therefore, I
> don't know how to configure the device in /etc/network/interfaces, and
> I don't know how to configure Wicd for it.

    Net devices don't show up in /dev. But you can find their names in
/sys/class/net

> As an additional tidbit, the device gets renamed upon initialization
> from eth0 to enx00000000 (string of numbers). I don't know if that's
> relevant, but it's the first time I've seen it.

    You fall in the case of a laptop with two Ethernet interfaces,
therefore you should not disable ethenet renaming but create some udev
rule file in /etc/udev/rules.d. I cannot help you on this point because
there isn't such a rule on my laptop. The default rules are in
/lib/udev/rules.d; you could look in which file the renaming happens,
then copy the file to /etc/udev/rules.d and modify it to set the name to
your convenience.

    Didier