:: [DNG] Wicd and rtl8152
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jackman
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Wicd and rtl8152
Good morning!

I am trying to use a laptop (Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1) with Dell's K17A
USB-C docking station. It appears that the docking station uses an RTL8153
chip for Ethernet, and it seems to initialize just fine. Wicd doesn't seem
to recognize it, however. Furthermore, I can't find a node in /dev that
appears to align with this device. Therefore, I don't know how to configure
the device in /etc/network/interfaces, and I don't know how to configure
Wicd for it.

As an additional tidbit, the device gets renamed upon initialization from
eth0 to enx00000000 (string of numbers). I don't know if that's relevant,
but it's the first time I've seen it.

At the very least, I'd like help understanding if this is a device/driver
problem, a wicd problem, or a user problem. Thank you.

Andrew Jackman