:: Re: [DNG] A suggestion for an easie…
Página Principal
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] A suggestion for an easier upgrade of a DE from ASCII to Beowulf
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 02:33:50PM +0200, Fred DC wrote:
> Because I don't know how to file a bug-report against the whole
> merged/beowulf branch which presently does not allow a straight forward
> migration of a DE from ASCII to Beowulf I thought, if I bring up this
> subject in this list some of the Developers might have a look at it.
>
> It is not my desire to be controversial, please don't nuke me.
>
> I do run a Beowulf-based OS with xfce4-desktop with elogind and
> lightdm and supplemented with packages which I need for my audio work
> (jackd2, pulseaudio-module-jack, DWS etc). This whole set-up runs very well.
>
> Unfortunately a desktop-environment migration from ASCII to Beowulf is a bit
> clumsy and hazardous due the fact that the below listed Buster-Packages
> create a dependency-problem and if not resolved correctly will render the
> freshly installed Beowulf-Desktop-Environment pretty useless.

Dear Fred,

please just have patience :) We don't need a duct-tape fix, rather one
that works for everybody and does not need any manual
intervention. That's mostly a matter of rebuilding the relevant
packages (elogind + polkit-1-* stuff) for ceres and then let them
percolate to beowulf. For the moment, pinning those packages to the
ascii version seems to be a suitable fix.

We are getting there. Stay tuned.

HTH

KatolaZ