:: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Mark Rousell
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archive: was Mozilla and cloudflare to hijack all your DNS requests - for your own good of course
On 12/09/2018 07:23, Don Wright wrote:
> Mark Rousell wrote:
>
>> Although it's still something of a work in progress, it seems that
>> MM3/Postorius/HyperKitty might be a possible solution in that case.
>>
>> (That said, I've just tested the search function on the MM3 demo system
>> at https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/ and I have to admit that it
>> seems rather crude so far.)
>
> Perhaps [1]this might be a better example of MM3 etc. in action. I believe
> the Mailman 3 team has some involvement.
>
> [1] https://mail.python.org/mm3/archives/

The software running there appears to be identical in terms of
functionality to the software running on the link I provided.

By the way, the link I offered (
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/ ) is the demo server linked
from official the HyperKittty docs here:
https://hyperkitty.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

When I said that search seems "rather crude", what I meant is that if
you search for a word such as "core" (i.e. something that might appear
very commonly) then you just get a long, long list of hits. You can
re-sort the list but there doesn't appear to be any way to narrow down
or filter the search results, other than by re-searching using better terms.

In short, it works, but a tad crudely. In terms of what I'd have hoped
to see, on the search results page I'd have hoped to see a list of mail
lists, of authors, of subjects, of date ranges, etc. that I could tick
or untick to filter the results. There's nothing like that that I can
see. As I mentioned, MM3 and its components are, as I understand it, a
work in progress so I presume that search enhancements might well still
be coming.

--
Mark Rousell