:: Re: [DNG] Second system effect: was…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rick Moen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Second system effect: was Mailman replacement
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> I never before heard of second system effects, but such systems
> abound, and really need a name for the concept. Thanks for referencing
> the definition.

You're very welcome. I'll also add that, if you haven't yet read Fred
Brooks's classic about software engineering, _The Mythical Man-Month_,
from which the term comes, you have a treat in store for yourself. It's
both enlightening and entertaining.

(If buying used, it's worth looking for the Anniversary Edition from
1995, as it includes further lessons learned over the 20 years the book
had been in print.)