:: Re: [DNG] Mailman replacement
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Mailman replacement

dear Katolaz

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, KatolaZ wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 10:24:42AM +0200, Stephane Ascoet wrote:
> > Hi, I warmly suggest Sympa. It's the very far best free mailing lists
> > manager.
>
> we have no reason at all to replace mailman, which is working
> absolutely fine :)

I'm not sure this thread refers to our problem, but we do have a
problem :^) It is not with Mailman really, but with Lurker the web
archiver we use at Dyne: Since a while now mails do not appear on the
web.

We should fix the archives and perhaps for the occasion move Devuan's
lists on its own server. Dyne.org can still serve as an SMTP if
needed.

Meanwhile Mailman has been entirely rewritten into its v3 that offers
also a REST API very useful to customise its interface and perhaps
simplify it for some administration tasks. I wonder who has experience
with that and what is the status

ciao