:: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archive: was Mozilla and cloudflare to hijack all your DNS requests - for your own good of course
On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 10:10:04PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2018-09-10 20:51, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 10:04:28AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > I was going to use this email message as a reference in some
> > > documentation I'm writing, but this email is not in the mail archive,
> > > or at least I can't find it there. The archive seems to contain no
> > > messaged from 8/8/2018 through 8/16/2008.

On the gmane site, this DNG list (which is unfortunately called
gmane.linux.devuan.devel instead of anything dng) contains eight
threadsstarting from August 8, 2018 through August 16, 2018 (I presume
this is what you meant and that 2008 wsa a typo), containing lots of
messages.

Is there one message in particular you are lookiing for?

Could you tell me its title, date, and a few distinguishing features?

> > > SteveT
> >
> > Are the missing messages available on gmane using usenet protocols?
> >
> > -- hendrik
> >

> It seems the same ones are missing here. I was unable to find the mail
> announcing the fork on 2014-11-27. I assume it pulls from mailman. But
> perhaps your search fu is better than mine:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/

When I set up the gmane mirror, I was unable to get anyone to provide me
with an archive in mbox format for the first few months of mailing list
messages, so they never made it to gmane.

-- hendrik