:: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archi…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: golinux
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Cannot find in mail archive: was Mozilla and cloudflare to hijack all your DNS requests - for your own good of course
On 2018-09-10 20:19, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 09:58:12 -0500
> golinux@??? wrote:

>> > That message doesn't seem to be about losing messages, but about
>> > rejecting
>> > messages with Replyto headers. Or are those the messages that are
>> > being lost?
>> >
>> > -- hendrik
>> >

>> From the referenced post:
>>
>> "long-ish story:
>>
>> We are currently running Mailmain 2 for this and other lists.dyne.org
>> and there are somehow long standing problems calling for maintainance,
>> one of them being the infamous lurker web-archiver bug which makes
>> most emails disappear from the web."
>>
>> This bug has been mentioned on this list many times. I just grabbed
>> the first post that referenced it. A quick search in the archives
>> might find a better description (if it hasn't disappeared).
>>
>> golinux
>
> Perhaps we should move our mailing list elsewhere. The archives are
> unsearchable and pretty much unbrowseable. Now we find out they're
> randomly dropping emails. I'll contribute the first $20 for the purpose
> of moving to a better host for our email.
>
> SteveT

Although your donation would always be welcome, the roadblock is not
financial but deciding what archiver to use and then finding the time to
do it. Feel free to share your suggestions. We do have backups including
all of the mail that has gone missing so nothing is actually lost. So
much to do, so little time . . .

golinux