:: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE and PL…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE and PLANNING
On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 07:50:37PM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2018-09-07 04:01, KatolaZ wrote:
> >
> > 4) If we think that it is better to get us some more time to organise
> > things more accurately (and I might agree on this point), then let's
> > postpone the conference by a couple of months, but let's decide the
> > date *now*, and start working towards it.
> >

> Can we please have dev meet this Wednesday @20:30 UTC to discuss and settle
> when and where the conference will be? And also begin to explore what we
> want to present etc.?

Hi,

I would actually prefer that we reach a consensus in this list, since
it is very unlikely to have a dev meeting where all devs will take
part.

Going to concrete suggestions, and based on what others have said in
this thread, I think we could consider any weekend between the 21st of
March 2019 and the end of April 2019, being careful about the weekend
of the 21st of April (it's Easter, and flight prices will rise
considerably).

@jaromil: Would any of those weekend be good for AMS? Any specific
preference?

> 1. Is there any possibility to have at least a beowulf beta by then?

I don't think this is this related to holding a d1conf, TBH. It might
be good to have a beta by then, and we will probably have one, but I
don't see it as a condition.

> 2. Are there any Devuan-specific projects that we want to highlight?

Which kind of projects are you referring to?

> 3. Are there any recommendations for speakers outside the usual suspects. If
> so they should be approached in plenty of time. Maybe something about
> IME/coreboot with a demo?

I guess we should just put out a call for contributions, and maybe
have a couple of planned talks from devs (which could come through the
same route as the other ones, for instance). Jaromil proposed to have
a sort of small panel of 3/5 people in charge of setting the program
up. I would also suggest to leave some time for small demos, e.g.,
people willing to showcase a devuan derivative or one of their
customisations or specific use they have made of Devuan, etc.

I don't know if it could make sense to have a "developer walkthrough"
session, for people interested in contributing with packaging? But we
should be very clear about pre-requisites for that...

> 4. Libre Devuan?

Yes.

> 5. Do we want to have smaller sessions for roundtable discussions? If so
> what topics?

Dunno at the moment.

My2Cents

KatolaZ