:: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
Top Pagina
Auteur: Evilham
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
Am 05/09/2018 um 15:46 schrieb Jaromil:
> On Tue, 04 Sep 2018, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>
>> wow! Things are moving...
>
> always! :^)
>
>> So from our side: it's a bit tricky, as Hack4glarus has already been
>> announced for the overlapping time (30th to 2nd of December).
>
> ACK. true you mentioned it
>

>> I know that you planned to have d1conf in AMS, but given the change of
>> plans - what do you think about merging the two conferences in pretty
>> Glarus?
>
> I have nothing much against that and also considering less people
> would be coming from USA for the date issue then is appropriate to
> consider this.
>
> Glarus is perhaps harder to reach and more expensive? (I don't know
> really) anyway if you already have a venue and an appropriate /
> friendly catering solution then it may work. It's anyway the first one
> so we are all expected to adjust.
>
> for anyone flying from the East coast of USA and anywhere else, It
> would be more of a problem, but I'm not sure how many people are there
> for that.
>
> We also plan to do streaming and recording and have a team dedicated
> which should come down with equipment and perhaps try to work together
> with your team if any. an inventory of equipment off-list would be
> maybe useful. however, details.
>
>> Location wise, we certainly have enough space, even if we wanted to run
>> separate two conferences that just happen to be colocated.
>
> how many people can be in plenary presentations in the space?
>

> one last important thing, this is about the Devuan conference and we'd
> have to agree that we announce it as such (hosted by you) but not
> confuse it with hack4glarus so perhaps would be best to simplify and
> just do the Devuan conference in those days.
>
> what do you think?

Let's take a step back and realise what you are proposing.

I am sorry to say, but proposing cancelling an event that has been
announced for long is rather disrespectful Jaromil; so let's just
pretend that did not just happen.

There are a couple important questions that have to be considered before
anything and that would have had to be the first things addressed:

* How many people are we expected for dev1conf?
* How many RSVP's are there?
* How big *is* the venue in AMS?
* What *is* planned?
* What *is* needed in terms of equipment?

If any of those things make dev1conf in Glarus (with Hack4Glarus
happening simultaneously) incompatible, then that's the answer.

As for the location itself: it's 2 hours by train from the airport and
the trip is gorgeous and pleasant. Swiss trains are nice and, actually
not crazy expensive: 25CHF each way.

That may be an issue for people travelling from afar, but: are there
many and would they not be willing to do that?

If that were the case, it would also be an argument against the dev1conf
in Glarus idea and it goes back to AMS being the most practical.

TBH, I'd expect the first dev1conf to be pretty familiar, specially with
a somewhat short-noticed change of date; but you would have more
information :-).
--
Evilham