:: Re: [DNG] Reply-To in this list
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Reply-To in this list

dear Jochen,

On Sat, 01 Sep 2018, J. Fahrner wrote:

> my spam blocking rules don't allow a reply-to address to freemail
> addresses. Today I received a message from this list with a
> gmail.com replyto address (which was rejected). I'm wondering why
> this list allows replyto addresses which contain other addresses
> than this list. That makes no sense to me. Replies to list messages
> should always go to the list.

I second your concern.

tl;dr - help!

long-ish story:

We are currently running Mailmain 2 for this and other lists.dyne.org
and there are somehow long standing problems calling for maintainance,
one of them being the infamous lurker web-archiver bug which makes
most emails disappear from the web.

Said that, knowing an intervention to fix all this will be soon
planned, I wonder if you or anyone else on this list has enough
experience with Mailman to indicate if we can change its setup to
somehow fix this behavior you mention.

Also appreciated if anyone has enough knowledge of Mailman 3, which
seems to me has done quite some progress. If we should upgrade to that
alltogether by making this effort and if yes then what settings are to
be preferred to avoid the situation you mention and other situations -
if it is possible at all.

I am aware this may be mostly a client setting issue, however we are
committed to facilitate as much as possible netiquette-aligned
behaviors here - yet I second Anthony on this, without fiddling too
much with headers server-side.

ciao