:: Re: [DNG] Reply-To in this list
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antony Stone
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Reply-To in this list
On Saturday 01 September 2018 at 15:27:59, J. Fahrner wrote:

> Hi,
> my spam blocking rules don't allow a reply-to address to freemail
> addresses. Today I received a message from this list with a gmail.com
> replyto address (which was rejected).

Sounds like you should prefix your blocking rules with something to accept from
lists you're subscribed to.

> I'm wondering why this list allows replyto addresses which contain other
> addresses than this list. That makes no sense to me. Replies to list
> messages should always go to the list.

It's up to the sender of emails whether they set a reply-to address or not.

This list (in common with most others I'm on, I don't know about all the rest)
neither sets nor removes any reply-to header in the original email.

Personally I regard it as bad practice for mailing list servers to modify the
headers of emails to lists, however I also regard it as very unfriendly for
people posting to a list to set a reply-to header of anything other than the
list address (which is redundant but acceptable IMO).

Ultimately, though, if your anti-spam rules result in you not receiving emails
which you wanted to receive, then your rules are not doing what you want them
to and need to be adjusted.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.