:: [DNG] swap problems with ascii 686-…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Alexander Bochmann
To: dng
Oggetto: [DNG] swap problems with ascii 686-pae kernel
Hi,

the current linux-image-4.9.0-8-686-pae for ascii seems to run into this bug:

"Truncating oversized swap area, only using 0k out of 2047996k"

https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/8/20/172

> On 32bit PAE kernels on 64bit hardware with enough physical bits,
> l1tf_pfn_limit() will overflow unsigned long. This in turn affects
> max_swapfile_size() and can lead to swapon returning -EINVAL.

Don't ask why I'm running that kernel in a VM on 64bit hardware.

This looks like a Debian kernel package, so I should probably go ask them
about an update?

Alex.