:: Re: [DNG] Why no ipv6 privacy exten…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Klaus Ethgen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Why no ipv6 privacy extensions?
Am Fr den 24. Aug 2018 um 3:02 schrieb Gregory Nowak:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 09:44:08PM -0400, Taiidan@??? wrote:
> > I disable ipv6 since there is no reason for me to use it (and my isp
> > doesn't offer it anyways) but I noticed that there is a lack of ipv6
> > privacy extensions enabled in devuan and I believe this is an issue.
>
> This is inherited from debian. Also, those installing devuan on a
> router/server system and running radvd will not want privacy
> extensions enabled by default.

Well, if you install a router/server, you want to explicitly disable
privacy extension. That is more secure as the other way around.

On my router, I have the following rules:
-A FORWARD -o eth0 -m eui64 -j log_REJECT

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C