:: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation P…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Devuan 1.0 Installation Problem
On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 07:15:19PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 12:47:44AM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Friday 24 August 2018 at 00:30:01, David Hoff Jr wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to install Devuan 1.0 32 bit with the net install ISO. The
> > > install goes fine until I reach the option to choose a repository.
> > > There are 3 options and they all cause an installation failure.
> >
> > Can you be more specific about what this failure is?
>
> If David is running into the same problem I ran into when attempting a
> fresh jessie install a couple of months ago, then the problem is that
> the user is asked to choose a mirror; the system displays "select and
> install software;" followed by the select and select software step
> failing.
>
> I also think I know what's causing the problem. Jessie came out in May
> 2017, but a new devuan-keyring was created in October 2017. What I
> suspect is happening is that packages from jessie security, (maybe
> others too) are signed with the newer devuan-keyring package which
> isn't part of the netinst. I've never tried updating a keyring package

Nope. All the packages in the same repository are signed with the same
key. At the moment, there are only two active signing keys: one of
them is the original one and is signing packages.devuan.org (and
*.mirror.devuan.org). The new key is signing pkgmaster.devuan.org and
deb.devuan.org.

More information about this issue, and a log of the installation would
be very useful to try to solve the problem.

My2Cents

KatolaZ