著者: Erik Christiansen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] su root missing sbin on beowulf
On 22.08.18 12:10, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 04:24:38PM +1000, wirelessduck@??? wrote:
> > I installed ascii onto a new machine with ascii-netinstall iso and
> > immediately upgraded to beowulf. The machine is a headless VM and
> > has no GUI installed.
> >
> > I notice when I login to root with “su” the $PATH doesn’t contain
> > any sbin folders, only bin. If I login to root with “su -“ then the
> > $PATH is as expected.

Especially as the problem didn't manifest on ascii, is it just that
beowulf imports debian's new su, which now behaves in the more standard
manner of more completely changing the environment on “su -“?

There were several complaints on debian-users in the last week or two,
from users who had developed the bad habit of expecting root's PATH on
just “su”.

> > I don’t notice this happening on any ascii installs. Is there
> > something new in beowulf/buster default configuration?
> >

> Hi Tom,
>
> I upgraded to Beowulf several months ago and didn't notice any issue
> with su. You might want to check whether you have changed ENV_SUPATH
> in /etc/login.defs by any chance, or if you have a custom .bashrc in
> /root which resets PATH?

Ah, but is "no issue with su" due to fully expecting to have to “su -"
for the full environment, as is traditional in many distros.

Erik