:: Re: [DNG] Devuan and the raspberry …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Lars Noodén
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Devuan and the raspberry pi 3+
On 08/21/2018 11:24 PM, Jim Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Lars Noodén wrote:
>
>> On 8/20/18, Jim Jackson <jj@???> wrote:
>>> There are images of Devuan ASCII for the Raspberry Pi 3. Anyone know if
>>> these are ok for the 3+? Or would I need to run the image on a model 3 and
>>> update the firmware and kernel before moving to the 3+?
>>
>> I used devuan_ascii_2.0.0_arm64_raspi3 from the embedded sets running
>> on the 3B+
>> You do have to resize the root partition manually if you do not use
>> the space for another partition. I haven't checked the graphics or
>> anything but OpenSSH works fine.
>
> Ok Thanks. I'm thinking of upgrading the PI I've got on a Pi Display to a
> 3+ so I'll buy the pi and give it a go.
>
> cheers
> Jim

I just checked the graphics for Ascii. I'm not sure about the Pi
Display but it works fine with an HDMI monitor, at least with XFCE4.
Though probably a window manager alone would be more appropriate than a
full desktop environment. Sound works via HDMI as well. Bloated
graphical apps will max out the CPU though. Timezone needs to be set
manually.

/Lars