:: Re: [DNG] Unbound details: was Mozi…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Unbound details: was Mozilla and cloudflare to hijack all your DNS requests - for your own good of course
wirelessduck@??? wrote:

>> Most of the services are disappearing from the macOS Server app,
>> making it almost useless for a home server environment.
>> https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208312

Ouch - like I said, the message is clear that they don't want to support and promote it. Given that one of the main reasons for people to run OS X Server is for the "easy to use GUI", I'd say that it pretty well removes most of the reasons for using it rather than the "harder to use"* Linux/BSD/Whatever alternatives.

* I'm sure msot of us don't consider it "hard", but with OS X Server that is (or was) a level of integration that makes it "point and click" easy for a non-technical user to (for example) add a new user, give them an email account, give them permissions to use the VPN "dial in", and so on.

>> Since it's running on an ancient Mac Mini, I'm considering ditching
>> that server and switching to something more power-conservative (RPi?)
>> running Devuan.

I don't think I'd want to use a RPi for a server - given that it doesn't have any "proper" disk or network interface. There are alternatives that include things like gigabit ethernet and SATA that don't run over USB.
https://www.techrepublic.com/pictures/raspberry-pi-style-computers-the-newest-boards-you-can-buy/