:: Re: [DNG] Problem with fsck during …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Héctor González
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Problem with fsck during boot with kernel 4.9.0-8-amd64
On 2018-08-20 16:31, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> On 20-08-18 21:24, Héctor González wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The latest kernel update has this weirdness while booting:
>> Begin: Will now check root file system ... fsck from util-linux 2.29.2
>> [/sbin/fsck.ext4 (1) -- /dev/xvda2] fsck.ext4 -a -C0 /dev/xvda2
>> fsck.ext4: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libext2fs.so.2:
>> undefined symbol: com_err
>> fsck exited with status code 127
>> Returning to the previous kernel boots normally.  I tried
>> "update-intramfs -k all -u", but it doesn´t make any difference, does
>> anyone know where this "com_err" symbol should be defined, or how to
>> workaround this issue?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Cacho.
>
> A search with Google shows a Deb**n package com_err a library for
> common
> error messages. Which depends on
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libcomerr2 so maybe installing this
> lib solves your problem.

Thank you Nick, I have that package installed, previous kernels used it,
but this initramfs does not seem to include it. The other kernels,
after "update-initramfs -k all -u" behave the same way now, so this is
maybe a problem with the initramfs building process. I had to restore
the previous kernel´s initramfs from backup after that.

dpkg -l | grep comerr
ii  libcomerr2:amd64              1.43.4-2
amd64        common error description library