Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] [OT] donate to Slackware
I'm really disturbed by Pat's problems, especially because they've been
ongoing. I'm so jaded that half of me thinks this is a fund raising
con.

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 09:03:24 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> I am in favor of facilitating the strong passion of people who like to
> "just do it" ...

Related:

In the early history of wikis, removing barriers to entry to
participation created a "be bold" philosophy using loginless editing
and markup languages. Allowing everymen to contribute had the very
rare (think Price's Law[1]) possibility of extremely uncommon folk
contributing.

Well.. what evolved for wikis is a shadow of the Benevolent Dictator
For Life (BDFL): Coordinated cliques.

Higher technical requirements doesn't allow that. We need the old
mentor-mentee / master-apprentice concept back, for all kinds of
reasons aside from the bus factor[2] that I'd drone on about for too
long.

--

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_J._de_Solla_Price
    Price's law pertains to the relationship between the literature on

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
    A measurement of the risk resulting from information and
    capabilities not being shared among team members, from the phrase
    "in case they get hit by a bus".