:: Re: [DNG] keys & subsystems
Góra strony
Autor: Didier Kryn
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] keys & subsystems
Le 28/07/2018 à 09:32, KatolaZ a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 02:17:14PM -0500, Eric Lee Elliott wrote:
>> How can I make hardware keys work in a Thinkpad T500?  Vol+, Vol- & Mute are
>> only ones I would use. In other Linux distros the mute, vol+ & vol - keys
>> work.  A link to a way would be good enough for me.
>>
> I wrote a small HOWTO a few months ago about using F5-F6 to control
> brightness:
>
>    http://kalos.mine.nu/bright/

> but a similar procedure can be used for any control, with few
> adjustments. Most of the trick is in understanding which event is
> generated by each button.
>
> Shout if you need further help.
>
> HTH
>
> KatolaZ

    Hi.

    I tried it:, hitting fn+f5 gives the following:

root@apcnb98:/etc/acpi# acpi_listen
^[[15~

Hitting some keys produce a message similar to the one you say, bus most
keys produce no output or one similar to the above. Some have an effect
though, such as putting the laptop in sleep mode, which I understand.
The association with the character sequence produced by the key and the
button name must be configured somewhere.

    Didier