:: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Irrwahn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] systemd and ssh-server
Hendrik Boom wrote on 25.07.2018 17:59:
[cut]
> Package dependencies are of the form
>     Install X if Y is installed
> Too bad it doesn't handle
>     Install X it Y and Z are installed.
> I suspect, though, we don't wand to have to embed a SAT solver into the
> package manager.  It's already complicated enough.

Hi Hendrik,

I'm not entirely sure I correctly understand what you think that could
accomplish. In case you meant it the way I _think_ you did, this would
be my two cents worth of comment:

It wouldn't help a bit, at least in the case at hand. The package
dependency exists to make sure a library (here: libsystemd.so.0) the
application (here: sshd) was linked against is present on the system,
as otherwise the application would simply fail to start, which is
undesirable.

Regards,
Urban

--