:: Re: [DNG] New here and needing help…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Stephane Ascoet
A: urban.wallasch, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] New here and needing help about backports
Le 24/07/2018 à 14:11, Urban Wallasch a écrit :

> Background: By default the backports repositories take lower priority than
> the main repositories, so you have to explicitly tell the package manager
> your intent to install a backported package - unless the backported version
> is already required as a dependency of an already (to be) installed package,
> which will lead to the correct version being pulled right away.

Yes I know this and I used this syntax for my first tries with
virtualbox... since it was in contrib I didn't need it after you helped
me and thus I forgotten to use it this time!

> If, for example, linux-headers-4.16.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 is to be installed,
> then linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86 should be installed automagically.

Here is the weird thing: it's exactly what I need to do and it didn't do
this expected behaviour!

--
Cordialement, Stephane Ascoet