:: Re: [DNG] New user of Devuan
Góra strony
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] New user of Devuan
On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:57:04 +0200, Miroslav wrote in message
<e0cb51ce-8d60-914d-bda4-3eb6999a8aaa@???>:

> Hi,
>
> I suppose that this list is the right place to ask for help related
> to Devuan. (If it is not, let me know. Tnx.)
>
> Recently I installed Devuan Jessie live to a spare machine, just to
> test it for a while, since I wasn't much happy after upgrading some
> of my systems from Debian Wheezy LTS to Debian Jessie (regarding some
> systemd issues, you bet). And although I had some previous experience
> with LXDE GUI, I faced to some issues:
>
> 1. How to add a language switch (notification) after OS installation?
> I suppose that I had opted for the US English keyboard and everything
> during the installation. However, now I would like to add some more
> keyboard stuff for local users, such as Serbian Cyrillic & Latin,
> German, etc. but dunno how to do it. The comp is not on the Internet.

..tried "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration "?

> 2. After inserting a CD/DVD into the comp's drive, it gets recognized
> and is used properly. However, probably I missed to find an easy way
> to eject the medium from the drive. Any simple solution (without much
> unmounting or like in CLI or so)? The comp should be used primarily
> to make Linux popular among the elderly visitors of a seniors' club.

.."eject -V " should return:"
eject version 2.1.5 by Jeff Tranter (tranter@???)" and
your cli prompt, if it doesn't, "aptitude install eject "
and try again.

.."eject -vn " to see if you have anything ejectable,
"eject --help" and "info eject " or "man eject " for
details on usage.

..we sometimes need to combine them: "umount -v $CD &&eject \
-v $CD >logfile " whenever I care about throwing error messages
into debug logs, and "umount -v $CD ;eject -v $CD " when I just
want the darn thing out of my drive or usb hole. ;o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: