:: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface name…
Página Inicial
Autor: Tomasz Torcz
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface names
On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 04:40:07PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

> > >     I got the feeling that those /etc/udev files are ignored nowadays.
> > > Therefore better hack in /lib/udev. But, if you disable interface renaming
> > > in the kernel command arguments, this hack will have no effect.
> > Editing that file worked, so evidently it wasn't ignored. Is it likely
> > to be ignored in the future? Is there another mechanism I should be
> > looking into? Will vdev or eudev (or any other expected *dev) do things
> > differently?
>
>     Means I was wrong (-: I might have been induced in error by the fact
> that some rule files exist in /lib/udev and not in /etc/udev, and ancient
> versions had all rule files in /etc/udev.

  Those days udev follow rules:
  - files in /usr/lib/udev (/lib/udev on Debian) are shipped with
    package, thus will be replaced by apt update; these files should not
    be modified
  - files in /etc/udev are owned by sysadmin. This is the proper place
    for customizations, files in /etc won't be touched by packaging
  - if there are files with the same name in /lib and /etc, the one
    from /etc (sysadmin-owned) wins.

Bonus rule, /run/udev files win over /etc, but are removed on reboot.

This is described in “man udev”, chapter “RULES FILES”.

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg@???                                          72->|   80->|