Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface names
Le 16/07/2018 à 15:04, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>>> But there is a /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
>>> so I'll try editing that.
>>>
>>     I got the feeling that those /etc/udev files are ignored nowadays.
>> Therefore better hack in /lib/udev. But, if you disable interface renaming
>> in the kernel command arguments, this hack will have no effect.
> Editing that file worked, so evidently it wasn't ignored. Is it likely
> to be ignored in the future? Is there another mechanism I should be
> looking into? Will vdev or eudev (or any other expected *dev) do things
> differently?

    Means I was wrong (-: I might have been induced in error by the
fact that some rule files exist in /lib/udev and not in /etc/udev, and
ancient versions had all rule files in /etc/udev.

    AFAIR, vdev is pretty different; it has config files and shell
scripts, but not the same rule files. eudev should be very similar to
udev since it's a fork.

            Didier