:: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface name…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface namesRe: (WAS: what has gone wrong with networking in ascii?
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface names
On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 10:32:10AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 15/07/2018 à 20:37, Hendrik Boom a écrit :

> > > That seems to be what happened here.

> > > Those files done't seem to exists in my /etc.
> > But there is a /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
> > so I'll try editing that.
> >

>     I got the feeling that those /etc/udev files are ignored nowadays.
> Therefore better hack in /lib/udev. But, if you disable interface renaming
> in the kernel command arguments, this hack will have no effect.

Editing that file worked, so evidently it wasn't ignored. Is it likely
to be ignored in the future? Is there another mechanism I should be
looking into? Will vdev or eudev (or any other expected *dev) do things
differently?

-- hendrik