Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Unswapping interface namesRe: (WAS: what has gone wrong with networking in ascii?
On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 09:31:25PM +0200, Stefan Krusche wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 15. Juli 2018 schrieb Hendrik Boom:
> > But there is a /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
> > so I'll try editing that.
>
> That is the one, or at least one you can use. Just change the interface names
> with keyword NAME="net0" (for example) to your liking and paired with your
> desired MAC address.
>
> Then change interface names accordingly in /etc/network/interfaces.

And I found a number of other eth's in /etc/* and /etc/*/* using grep.
Most were comments, but some were live.

I got all local services, includig wifi, to work.

The last holdout seems to have been /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider

It would have been fouond with one more *: /etc/*/*/*
If this message gets out, it worked.

-- hendrik