:: Re: [DNG] who's tying up my port 80…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] who's tying up my port 80?
Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):

> Yeah, I knew the link, and it correctly says that net-tools has not
> seen a new release since 2011 (which is 7 years, not 17 :P).
>
> And thanks a lot for the link. This is the way a discussion should go
> :)

Yr. very welcome! On the arithmetic error, I plead caffeine underflow
error. ;->

> Rick, thanks again for this other link: I will go through the thread,
> promise, and I am sure I will learn something useful. My whole point
> was that old does not necessarily mean bad (which seems to have become
> fancy these days) or gold (which is another dangerous tenet).

With which I heartily agree.

I'll also admit that I grumbled mightily about ceasing to use nslookup,
because, essentially, just decades of familiarity. Downright cranky
I was about needing to learn 'dig'. But the latter's advantages
were compelling, even before you stopped to consider nslookup's
queasy-making use of antique BIND 4.x spaghetti code.

--
Cheers,              "I am a member of a civilization (IAAMOAC).  Step back
Rick Moen            from anger.  Study how awful our ancestors had it, yet