:: Re: [DNG] who's tying up my port 80…
Página Principal
Autor: Rowland Penny
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] who's tying up my port 80?
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:08:48 +0200
Harald Arnesen <skogtun@???> wrote:

> Rick Moen [2018-07-10 10:30]:
>
> > Was there something that lead you to believe it had become illegal
> > to use unmaintained code? Otherwise, I find the basis of your
> > question quite difficult to understand.
>
> Don't be ridiculous. I just think it would be better to maintain the
> old commands instead of writing something new and different.
>
> Yes, I know I am free to maintain them myself.

The problem is that it is probably easier to start anew rather than
trying to update/maintain an existing project. You have to contact the
existing maintainer (and you could have problems actually finding the
maintainer), get their permission to update the package or fix bugs
and then do what you wanted to do in the first place.

Whilst I agree it would be nice to maintain the old packages,
sometimes it just isn't possible.

Rowland