Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
Jimmy Johnson - 09.07.18, 12:00:
> On 07/09/2018 02:53 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hi Katola.
> >
> > KatolaZ - 09.07.18, 09:51:

> >> The only problem with this theory is that Linus has not been the
> >> only
> >> developer of the Linux kernel at least since September 1991.
> >> Nowadays
> >> the Linux kernel has thousands of developers. If such a "backdoor"
> >> existed, we would know about it, as we knew about the Spectre and
> >> Meltdown vulnerabilities. You simply can't silence everybody, even
> >> if
> >> you are the NSA.
> >>
> >> Literally anybody can get the sources of the Linux kernel and read
> >> through it. So I guess your fears are somehow unjustified...
> >
> > I agree with that.
> >
> > This discussion seems bordering on conspiracy theories. Those claim
> > that something might be true and sow fear, uncertainty and doubt.
> > Some parts of conspiracy theories may turn out to have been true,
> > like for example all the spying the NSA and other secret agencies
> > are doing. But I see no benefit in fearing something I have seen no
> > proof of.
> >
> > Anyone ever saw any proof that such a backdoor exists within the
> > Linux kernel source? I haven´t.
> >
> > Aside from that, I´d be more vary about the firmware in PCs. The
> > closed- source binary blobs almost everyone is using who is using a
> > computer these days.
> >
> > I do not think this discussion is helpful. There may be reasons for
> > an own kernel, but IMO this is no reason.
>
> Martin you are active with both KDE and Debian Development, I would
> not expect you to be of much help, so pleas stay out of the way.

I wanted to write a longer reply, but there is no point, for as long as
you decide that I am or KatolaZ or the Linux kernel are against you.

But in case you´d like to check whether I contributed something to a
Debian package *specifically* for the aim of Devuan, just check the
changelog of the fio package. Beware, there may be facts inside.

--
Martin