:: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
Top Pagina
Auteur: terryc
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 07:59:11 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@???> wrote:

> KatolaZ, I came looking for help. Reading a linux kernel requires
> knowledge of software engineering, I don't have that knowledge or
> experience, even if I open kernel source I would have no idea what I
> was looking at. I just want to know if dbus or any other exploit is
> in the kernel.

That wasn't what you asked.

> And/or can we have are own kernel?

You can have your own kernel. That is the whole point of FOSS.
Easiest way is to obtain the source kernel source code and
include/exclude the bits you want in it. The caveat is that when it
breaks, you are the person responsible for fixing it.

As far as dbus goes, read the various posts from people who are working
to remove/not use it.